Welcome! We are excited that you're interested in joining the Jackson Makerspace! In order to use tools and equipment outside of organized classes, you must first become a member. All perspective JMS members must follow the sign up process.
Sign Up Process
There are two types of members- keyed and non-keyed. Non-keyed members have access to all tools, equipment, and knowledge that the JMS has at its disposal, but may only be at the Makerspace during open hours or otherwise in the presence of a Keyed Member. Keyed Members have 24x7 Makerspace access and added responsibilities.
In general, the process of becoming a non-keyed member looks something like this:
- Read and abide by the Rules.
- Read and abide by the Safety Guidelines.
- You are encouraged to come down to the Jackson Makerspace during open hours so you can get to know us and we can get to know you. Open hours are visible on the JMS calendar.
- Complete a Liability Form.
- Complete a Membership Form.
- Begin paying your Membership dues.
- Your picture is taken and added to the member roster. (If this bothers you, please let us know and we'll work with you.)
Becoming a member and paying your dues does not automatically grant you 24x7 keyed access to the Makerspace. Before a key is granted, a trustful relationship between the member and the Board of Directors must exist. In general, the process looks like this: