Intro to Electronics (Course 2):
Interfacing to Micros – Two 1.5 Hour Classes
In this course, you will learn the basics of Electronics & Interfacing to Microprocessors. This is part 2 of 3. This course is two sessions: April 9 & April 16, 2015.
Specifics for course 3 will be announced at a later date.
It is OK to attend if you did not attend the 1st Course.
Topics may include:
- Data sheets and why they matter
- Absolute Maximum Ratings – avoid barbecued chips
- Block Diagram
- Application Information
- Will use the Atmel ATmega data sheet to look up items covered below
- Voltage levels
- Pull-ups and Pull-downs
- PWM – Pulse Width Modulation
- External switches for heavy lifting
- Serial Communications
- Bit Banging
- Typical micro built-in serial peripherals
- USART – Universal Synchronous Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter
- Transceiver IC’s
- Power supplies
- Linear Regulators
- Switching Regulators
No previous experience needed.
Yes, this course is a GREAT course for people interesting in Electronics and also for those interested in (and even already using) Arduino boards.